PGK's Adopt-A-Program to Read Campaign
As the nonprofit arm of PGK, the Scholarship in Education Fund manages PGK's Adopt-A-Program to Read campaign. The PGK Scholarship in Education Fund's mission is to pursue and where possible achieve the ideal of a level playing field as it pertains to the financing of educational opportunities for children and youth, pre-K through college.
We are looking for your organization's support for this campaign which you provide through your sponsorship of a Recipient Organization such as a school or daycare. Your support helps us in our mission while further endearing your organization to your community.
Each Adopt-A-Program to Read educational tool sponsored by your organization features customized branding on your choice of the 1st or the 1st and 2nd pages of the books. This branding will encourage children, their parents, and other caregivers to remember and appreciate that your organization provided such a gift every time they open their books. You also have the option of choosing the language for your books as agreed upon by you and your Recipient Organization.
Some Adopt-A-Program to Read early literacy facts:
- "Perhaps the most serious problem with current literacy campaigns is that they ignore, and even divert attention from, the real problem: Lack of access to books for children…"
- "A single, brief exposure to good reading material can result in a clear increase in enthusiasm for reading."
- "Creating a steady stream of new, age-appropriate books has been shown to nearly triple interest in reading within months."
- "The most successful way to improve the reading achievement of low-income children is to increase their access to print."
PGK's Adopt-A-Program to Read Featured Products
This is the initial campaign, undertaken in support of the PGK Youth Empowerment Literacy Initiative. Promiseland Park’s Pre-K and Kindergarten Audio Smart-Book, 2nd Edition and The Adventures of Young Princess Promise are the featured educational tools used in the Adopt-A-Program to Read campaign.
- Promiseland Park's Pre-K and Kindergarten Audio Smart-Book, 2nd Edition
This interactive learning tool was developed by PGK Educational Tools LLC then revised by Dana Kearney, founder and owner of Village Babies Development Center in South Orange, New Jersey. The platform is enhanced by the inclusion of cutting-edge PGK Music Box songs such as: "Addition Facts 1 - 6" and "Don't be a Litterbug". Its lesson modules, performed by beloved PGK characters, are designed to challenge children’s spelling, word recognition, math skills, and memorization skills while covering subjects as varied as social skills, personal responsibility, and the environment.
- The Adventures of Young Princess Promise (Vol. 1)
Volume 1 of this PGK Books adventure series was created by Law Cunningham, written by Gioya McRae, wonderfully illustrated by Alejandra de la Cruz, and includes: a comprehension quiz, a word search, and a Princess Promise glossary, each designed to enhance a child's educational experience. As Princess Promise navigates her childhood on planet Rahm she serves as a beacon of female empowerment and role model for every girl and boy who shares in her adventures.